Quality Assessment System in Construction (QLASSIC) is a system or method to measure and evaluate the workmanship quality of a building construction work based on Construction Industry Standard (CIS 7). QLASSIC enables the quality of workmanship between construction projects tobe objectively compared through a scoring system.
OBJECTIVE OF QLASSIC
- To benchmark the quality of workmanship of the construction industry
- To establish a standard quality assessment system on quality ofworkmanship of construction work
- To assess the quality of workmanship of a workmanship of aconstruction project based on the relevant approved standard
- To be used as a criterion to evaluate the performance of contractorsbased on quality of workmanship
- To compile data for statistical analysis