SAFETY & HEALTH OFFICER (SHO)
Date: 28 January 2019 – 1 March 2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Price: RM3,000 (Full Time)
Durations: 22 days
CCD Points: 25 Points
Module 1 – Occupational Safety and Health Management
i. Historical Perspective.
ii. Incident Prevention.
iii. Risk Assessment.
iv. Policy – Organisation & Arrangements.
v. OSH Promotion, Training & Communication.
vi. Information Technology In OSH.
vii. OSH Program.
viii. Procurement and Contractor Management.
ix. Personal Protective Equipment.
x. Emergency Response Preparedness & Recovery Planning.
xi. First Aid.
xiii. Incident Investigation and Corrective Action.
xiv. Performance Measurement & Monitoring.
xvi. Management Review.
xvii. OSH Management Systems.
Module 2 – Occupational Safety and Health Legislation
i. Introduction to OSH Legislation.
ii. OSH Act 1994 and Its Regulations.
iii. Factories and Machinery Act 1967.
iv. Regulations on Health in the Factories and Machinery Act 1967.
v. Regulations on Safety in the Factories and Machinery Act 1967.
vi. Fire Services Act 1988 and Its Regulations.
vii. Employment Act 1955 and SOCSO Act 1969.
viii. Petroleum (Safety Measures) Act 1984 and Gas Supply Act 1993.
ix. Introduction & Overview of Other Related, Legislation & Codes of Practices.
Module 3 – Occupational Health
i. Overview of Occupational Health.
ii. Introduction and Fundamentals of Toxicology.
iii. Occupational Health Standards.
iv. Overview and Basic Principles of Industrial Hygiene.
v. Physical and Chemical Hazards.
vi. Classification of Chemicals, Packaging & Labelling.
vii. Chemical Safety Data Sheet.
viii. Chemical Health Risk Assessment.
ix. Chemical Hazard Management.
x. Chemical & Biological Monitoring & Medical Surveillance.
xi. Ventilation & Indoor Air Quality.
xii. Biological Hazard.
xiii. Ergonomic & Ergonomics Risk Factors.
xiv. Occupational and Psychological Stress.
xv. Mental Workload & Shift Work.
Module 4 – Occupational Safety
i. Housekeeping and Physical Arrangement.
ii. Machinery Hazard.
iii. Safe Guarding of Machinery.
iv. Safe Machine Operation.
v. Safe of Hand Tools and Portable Power Tools.
vi. Maintenance of Machine Guards & Tools.
vii. General Area Fencing.
viii. Pressurized Equipment.
ix. Welding Safety.
x. Mechanical Handling.
xi. Site Visit.
xii. Transport Safety Defensive Driving (Forklift).
xiii. Manual Handling.
xiv. Office Safety.
xv. Electrical Safety.
xvi. Construction Safety.
xvii. Fire Safety.
xviii. Working in Confined Space.
Section 29 (2) of OSHA 1994, there is a need for an employer to employ a competent person to act as a Safety and Health Officer at the workplace. The Safety and Health Officer’s job is to ensure compliance with the Act and promote safe conduct of work at the workplace. This program has been designed to address the needs of the Act and specifically the Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Officer) Regulations 1997.
Duration: 22 Days
a. Possess Degree or Diploma
b. Possess a minimum of SPM/SPMV/MCE or equivalent with at least a Grade Three Pass. General certificate (SAP) or lower than Grade three will not be accepted.
c. For SPM/SPMV after year 2000, a minimum of 6C for Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics AND minimum 8E for Science/Physics/Chemistry/Biology AND Pass other 2 subjects in 1 certificate/examination or combination.
d. Rank Sergeant and above of Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) & Police (PDRM) or minimum 10 years’ service with MAF/Police
e. Applicants must attach ONE (1) certified true copy of SPM/SPMV/MCE Certificate/Diploma/Degree AND Identification Card/Passport.
1 – Certificate of Attendance
2 – Certificate of Achievement
Contact Person : Rita/Hafiz
Email : email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All dates and venue stated in the calendar are tentative.
- CIDB Holdings Sdn Bhd reserves the rights to change the program without prior notification to participants.
- Confirmation letter will be issued at least 5 working days BEFORE the seminar date.
- If you have a valid Construction Personnel Registration Card (Green Card), please do attach a copy of your Construction Personnel Registration Card.
- Payment is to be made in the form of Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, Bank Draft, Postal Order payable to CIDB Holdings Sdn Bhd before or during the event day.
- Payment using personal or company cheque is NOT ALLOWED.
- Please do not make any payments before receiving any confirmation letter.
- Payment via Online Banking/Cash Deposit/Credit or Debit Card can be made payable to CIDB Holdings Sdn Bhd”. Payment must be banked in to CIMB Bank Account Number 8000-636-595.
- If a payment has been made, please fax the payment slip and bring the original slip during the registration day.
- All payments that have been made are NOT REFUNDABLE in any cases. However, substitute or replacement of participant or course is permitted.
- CIDB Holdings Sdn Bhd will not be responsible for any kind of expenses that has been made by the participants to attend our program.
- Acceptance of registration is based on first-come-first served basis.